with Jeremy Westcott
What is the ‘new wine’?
In this series of posts we are looking at new wine and new wineskins. Last time we saw how the new wineskin is each one of us, both individually and coming together as a new order ekklesia, but what is this new wine? What does it represent? Here is some of what I have seen (and if you will engage with God for yourself, I am sure you will see some of this and more besides):
- New governmental mandates and new government patterned after heaven. New revelation and understanding of how to expand the kingdom, subdue and rule from a new heavenly perspective of servant leadership.
- New values and ideals. Jesus introduced the manifesto of the kingdom, a completely new way of living. As we have seen, the ekklesia is to be a reflection of heaven’s values, an embassy of heaven on earth. We are to be ambassadors of that embassy, carrying the authority of heaven and exercising it on the earth.
- New things established in heaven.
- New heavenly strategies instead of earthly ones. Let’s stop trying to figure out how to do things and instead go to the heavenly strategy room and get a strategy which will be effective.
- A new heavenly identity of sonship. It is in heaven that we operate in fullness of sonship, so that we can be manifested as sons on the earth.
- A new health service – healing and health for the world, to demonstrate that God is a loving God who wants to heal. As a first step we will be living in health ourselves: body, soul and spirit in wholeness, connected to heaven, with the life of heaven flowing from the inside out. That will draw those in the world looking for healing.
- New economic and financial services. Jesus threw all the money changers’ tables over: kingdom finance and economics bear no resemblance to the systems of the world. Kingdom finance is a love-based system in which we can freely give because we freely receive under an open heaven. Serving in love is the currency of the kingdom, going the extra mile and putting others before self.
- A new society – paradise restored. God wants to bring back human society to how it would have developed in the Garden (if the Garden had expanded to fill the earth as it should have). The way up is down; the first will be last and the last first.
- New speech, new attitudes, new ideals, new culture. Everything comes from a new perspective as redefined by Jesus.
- New behaviours, abilities and powers. We will recover everything that was lost at the fall, at the flood, at Babel and throughout history as our DNA is renewed and restored and as we renew our minds.
- Heaven transforming earth. This is God’s ultimate desire and plan.
All new ways flow from beyond the veil and they are experiential.
- New experiential ways of ministry. No longer will we set ourselves up as ministers who tell people what God is saying and what to do. Instead we will get alongside them and equip them to hear God for themselves. Liebusting is a good example of this new way, in which the person asks Jesus what He wants to do in their life and asks Him to show them how to deal with what stands in the way. And teaching people how to go to the courts equips them to hear first-hand, rather than getting someone else to tell them what the issue is and how to address it.
- New experiential ways of teaching – we have to get away from a scenario where it is just me or some other teacher lecturing a roomful of people. It will be all of us together, experiencing. The activations we do together on a Sunday morning and in some of the hangouts are a first step towards that. Alongside the new kingdom financial system, I am sure we will see a new education system as well.
- New experiential ways of prayer. We will not just be crying out from here on the earth, hoping that God might hear something, but going to meet Him face to face.
- New experiential ways of interceding, not from below but from above. We can stand before God, identifying with the person, city, nation or planet we are interceding for, in a heavenly courtroom, getting His judgment and verdict on the situation.
- New more effective ways of kingdom administration: outworking heavenly government on the earth.
- New ways of partnering with the angelic realm: angels are ministering spirits sent for the sake of those who inherit salvation. We are already hearing more testimonies of angelic engagement, and that will only increase. They are awesome, powerful created beings, and they can do things which have never even occurred to us yet!
Growing in maturity
The new ways are about our maturity. Moses did miracles, parted the Red Sea, food just appeared, the Israelites’ clothes never wore out, they were led by a pillar of cloud and fire – all this while they were just children who only knew God by His deeds. If they had gone and engaged heaven with Moses, they would not have needed any of that.
Under Joshua’s leadership, the people did the miracles, parted the Jordan, caused the walls of Jericho to fall. They did not need supernatural food or clothing provision because they could all sow in the Promised Land, and reap the harvest of what they sowed.
Jesus showed his disciples how to multiply food, do miracles, produce provision and so on. He taught them how, then sent them out to do it themselves. Unlike Moses, He did not just do it for them. And today He will show us new ways of being salt and light in our world, new ways of being agents of change in history, society and culture, so that we are not influenced but influencers. He will open up new ways for us to bring transformation to our communities. We will do all this by establishing all things in heaven first so they can be manifested on earth – that is the hallmark of the new.
Recent articles from Freedom ARC
- 235. New Order Ekklesia
- 234. Revolution of Love
- 233. Wider, Deeper, Longer, Higher
- 232. The Greatest Scandal of the Age
- 231. Meet the Real God
- Fasten your seatbelts!
Older related posts
THE RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS 2 – GOING DEEPER
From June 18th-21st 2020, Nancy Coen, Lindy Strong and Justin Paul Abraham will be joining Mike Parsons to present The Restoration of All Things 2 – Going Deeper live online.
Note: this event has been rearranged as online-only due to restrictions related to Covid-19.
There are two levels of participation:
- Either the full Enhanced Virtual Conference Experience, allowing you to take part live in the discussion and question and answer sessions scheduled throughout the event. The cost is £150 GBP (£200 for couples).
- Or a conventional live stream option, which is for you if you only wish to watch and do not intend to take an active part in the discussions. The cost is £100 GBP (£150 for couples).
God is restoring all things according to His original intent and purpose.
- What does that mean for you and me?
- What does it mean for the church?
- What does it mean for the world, for the cosmos, for the unseen realm?
- Is there any thing, any system or any being that God cannot or will not restore?
This blog post is adapted from Mike’s teaching in the ‘Engaging God‘ subscription programme.
- Our popular interactive modular programme developed by Mike Parsons now has a new, simpler subscription process – to find out more and get started today*, click here…
Learn how to access God through Jesus who is the Way, Truth and Life, in the realms of heaven and within your own spirit and heart; and how to take up your responsibility as a mature son [daughter] in God’s kingdom.
Choose monthly, quarterly or annual options for your automatic recurring subscription payments via credit or debit card, and try Engaging God free for 2 weeks – no payment will be made until after 14 days, during which you can easily cancel if you wish.
*Technology permitting: automated process on completion of online registration form and payment plan setup. Terms and conditions apply.